Finally some good news for improving school lunches and snacks! There are new standards for school meals in America–which represent the most significant improvements in school nutrition in decades. The USDA has shifted school nutrition towards “food based” instead of vitamin and mineral “fortified” foods that often are merely junk foods in disguise. “Food based” means serving our kids “real” food!
Join us with our Wellcoach and Registered Dietician colleague Julie Schwartz as she helps us to understand the new changes that have already begun to improve the nutritional health of our children. This is a really interesting show–especially considering that most people have not even heard of the new USDA National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs.
Julie Schwartz is the founder of NutriWell Coaching & Yoga in Johns Creek, GA. She brings over 25 years of experience working with individuals, groups, and corporations to wellness initiatives, weight management, nutrition, healthy living, lifestyle changes, and personal training.
Julie holds a Master of Science degree in Sports Nutrition from Georgia State University and a Bachelor of Science Health Education/ Health Promotion from the University of Florida. Her Professional Certifications include:
- Registered and Licensed Dietitian (State of Georgia)
- Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics
- Certified & Licensed Corporate Wellness Coach, Wellcoaches Inc.
- Certificate in Training in Weight Management- Level 1 and 2
- ACSM Certified Health Fitness Specialist
- ACSM Certified Personal Trainer
Contact Julie Schwartz, MS, RD & NutriWell Coaching:
- Web: www.NutriWellCoaching.com
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 678.417.1200
USDA National School Lunch & Breakfast Program References: