We are teaming up with BrainGym Instructor Kathy Brown for a wonderful workshop on Restorative Movement and classical PE in Phoenix, AZ on May 7th. The methods will be taught by Ron Jones of The Lean Berets which will include historical tools like the Indian Clubs and Health Wands along with Ron’s new “Meel Sticks” and fun new tools like SandBells plus Ron will be teaching the famous LaSierra High PE Calisthenic Routine from the early 1960s.
REGISTER NOW! (May 7th, Tucson, AZ)
Workshop Handouts (The Lean Berets)
- Health Wands
- Indian Clubs & Restorative Arts
- LaSierra High PE Calisthenic Routine
- Ron Jones, MS (Instructor Bio)
Demo Videos for Restorative Art Movements:
- Circular Patterns for Mind & Body
- Northern California Restorative Arts Workshop
- Indian Clubs @ Lake Tahoe
- SandBell Game by Lean Berets Fit Kids!
- Indian Clubs by Lean Berets Fit Kids!
Testimonial Videos for Restorative Movement & Ron Jones:
- Molly (Petroleum Engineer)
- Nicole (Swimming, Petroleum Engineer)
- Jane (Veteran PE Teacher, Coach, Massage Therapist
Restorative Tools & Movements in Workshop:
- Indian Clubs come from a 5000-year-old tradition of mind-body training in the Middle East and India. They were a standard part of true “physical education” training in the United States during the “Golden Age of Fitness” – 1880s through 1920s – and were a competitive event in the 1904 and 1932 Olympics.
- Meel Sticks are short rods that can can be used in a way similar to Indian Clubs. Easy to create yourself, they’re a great introductory tool.
- Health Wands are lightweight poles whose use originated in ancient China. Through simple movement patterns related to Tai Chi, users flow through bending, twisting, and stepping movements to create strength, health, and vigor.
- SandBells are soft, sand-filled discs that provide active resistance for stabilizing core muscles as you move through cross-lateral and spiral movements, unwinding tension and fostering mind-body balance.
- LaSierra High PE Calisthenic Routine: This was the last great PE program in America to make a national impact. While vigorous, this routine is quite corrective for posture and helps teach proper movement mechanics while enhancing mental focus. Learn more about LaSierra High PE.
Ron Jones, MS (Workshop Instructor) is an ACSM Health Fitness Specialist who holds degrees in Kinesiology/Sport & Exercise Psychology and Physical Education, is a Barefoot Rx specialist, and credentialed PE and Health Science teacher. He loves sharing his passion for mind-body movement through the use of “vintage” tools from the “Golden Age of Fitness.” Ron is founder of “The Lean Berets – Avengers of Health.”
Kathy Brown, M.Ed. (Workshop Sponsor), founder and developer of Center Edge LLC, supports individuals and organizations in making the changes they desire through innovative training and consultation. Extensively trained in Educational Kinesiology, she is a licensed Brain Gym® practitioner and instructor, and offers simple, effective techniques that promote access to our full intellectual potential. She is highly skilled in facilitating a seamless transition from “effort” to “ease.” In her private practice she works with clients of all ages regarding a wide range of issues.