“Ron Jones enthusiasm, knowledge and prowess in Physical Education is the perfect mix to spark this nation to making the appropriate changes we need at this time in our history. Ron’s Restorative Movement class is for everyone who is interested in moving and improving their quality of life. My greatest wish is that Ron come into contact with the right people to get this message out on a global level.” -Deryn Winchester, Phoenix Restorative Movement Participant, May 2016
Our next “Art & Practice of Restorative Movement” Workshop on the classical PE methods will be taught on Saturday, July 9th in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA. The methods will be taught by Ron Jones of The Lean Berets which will include historical tools like the Indian Clubs and Health Wands along with Ron’s new “Meel Sticks” and fun new tools like SandBells plus Ron will be teaching the famous LaSierra High PE Calisthenic Routine from the early 1960s.
Also included will be an amazing historical presentation on the history of classical physical education during the “Golden Age of Fitness” which occurred from 1885-1920. You’ll walk away inspired with a new found appreciation for the history of movement as well a working knowledge of how to use these historical restorative tools and methods.
REGISTER NOW! (July 9th, Santa Barbara, CA)
Workshop Handouts (The Lean Berets)
- WORKSHOP FLYER (Santa Barbara)
- WORKSHOP OUTLINE (Santa Barbara)
- GEAR LIST (Santa Barbara)
- Health Wands
- Indian Clubs & Restorative Arts
- LaSierra High PE Calisthenic Routine
- Ron Jones, MS (Instructor Bio)
Demo Videos for Restorative Art Movements:
- Circular Patterns for Mind & Body
- Northern California Restorative Arts Workshop
- Indian Clubs @ Lake Tahoe
- SandBell Game by Lean Berets Fit Kids!
- Indian Clubs by Lean Berets Fit Kids!
Testimonial Videos for Restorative Movement & Ron Jones:
- Molly (Petroleum Engineer)
- Nicole (Swimming, Petroleum Engineer)
- Jane (Veteran PE Teacher, Coach, Massage Therapist)
Restorative Tools & Movements in Workshop:
- Indian Clubs come from a 5000-year-old tradition of mind-body training in the Middle East and India. They were a standard part of true “physical education” training in the United States during the “Golden Age of Fitness” – 1880s through 1920s – and were a competitive event in the 1904 and 1932 Olympics.
- Meel Sticks are short rods that can can be used in a way similar to Indian Clubs. Easy to create yourself, they’re a great introductory tool.
- Health Wands are lightweight poles whose use originated in ancient China. Through simple movement patterns related to Tai Chi, users flow through bending, twisting, and stepping movements to create strength, health, and vigor.
- SandBells are soft, sand-filled discs that provide active resistance for stabilizing core muscles as you move through cross-lateral and spiral movements, unwinding tension and fostering mind-body balance.
- LaSierra High PE Calisthenic Routine: This was the last great PE program in America to make a national impact. While vigorous, this routine is quite corrective for posture and helps teach proper movement mechanics while enhancing mental focus. Learn more about LaSierra High PE.
Ron Jones, MS (Workshop Instructor) is an ACSM Health Fitness Specialist who holds degrees in Kinesiology/Sport & Exercise Psychology and Physical Education, is a Barefoot Rx specialist, and credentialed PE and Health Science teacher. He loves sharing his passion for mind-body movement through the use of “vintage” tools from the “Golden Age of Fitness.” Ron is founder of “The Lean Berets – Avengers of Health.”
Dr. Rusty Smith (Facility Sponsor)